Sunday, May 18, 2008

Three Months In

I'm 3 months into my MS diagnosis, and today, exactly 8 weeks post-0p.

AND I FEEL GREAT!

I will never again under-appreciate feeling "normal." But right now I feel better than that! It's amazing what having all those medications OUT of your system can do. I'm only on a couple now, my pre-diagnosis, kinda- menopause-related anti-anxiety med. Lexapro. Prescription Ibuprofin (800 mg) which is helping avoid aches and pains from my physical therapy, and my weekly shot of Avonex.

That, and beautiful, freakishly gorgeous, cool Houston weather has made all right with my world! I slept with the bedroom windows open last night and awoke with the cool breeze and the chirping of birds. Lovely.

And note to Rick: I'm happy! Although I'd still like to figure out how to get to a tropical isle! I fear I have many medical bills to pay first!

No comments: