Friday, May 16, 2008

So What Now?

Now I'm continuing my physical therapy (for both the back and the MS). I apparently am a star student. I'm "advanced" for a back patient. I've been working on stretching exercises. I do them every day and walk at least a mile every day (two on the weekends). Next up is strength exercise, weights and machines.

With regard to the MS: I take my Avonex shot every Friday night. And follow that with a sleeping pill (to sleep through any side affects). I used to have Mexican food and margaritas every friday!

I'm trying to follow a low-fat/no-fat diet. Some days are better than others! There's a Swank Diet that some think helps with MS. It can't hurt. I'm also taking a bunch of vitamins each day--a woman's vitamin, extra calcium, omega oils, primrose oil and "eye vitamins" because macular degeneration runs in the women in my family.

I also either drink cranberry juice or take cranberry pills each day to help with bladder infections which are also common in MS.

No comments: