Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Leaving for the Hospital shortly

I wanted to clarify one thing before we head off to the hospital: The change in diagnosis. The Dr. thinks all my back/leg problems were initially caused by a herniated disk as we originally thought back in November. But it was a small herniation that bumped into the already existing tumor and pushed the tumor into my nerves, causing all the pain, mimicing the symptoms of a regular herniation. The combination of steroids I've received for both my medical problems (the nerve root injections of cortisone followed by the intravenous and oral steroids) DID cause the herniation to resolve. Therefore proving the point of the pre-op (and NINTH) MRI. Prior to the steroids the herniation up against the tumor just showed up as soft tissue against soft tissue. After the steroids and the resolution of the herniation, a gap showed between the disk and the tumor--where the herniation had been. Therefore "justifying" the TENTH MRI with contrast which showed the characteristics of the tumor. As much as I hate to admit it, the ninth and tenth

No comments: