Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happiness Vs. Journalling

I've never been one of those people who can "journal." Years ago in the teen diary stage I'd always feel guilty if I skipped days, then weeks, then months. How could you continue a diary if you missed so much time? Later as an adult, as a writer, I'd read how I should be journalling every day, clearing my mind, doing "morning pages" or just dumping whatever (crap) is in my brain. I could never do that. It sounded so whiney. If I write, if I put something on paper that is "permanent" that someone else might eventually pick up and read, I don't want it to be so self-serving. Okay, so I have issues.

But I just had an idea about keeping a "happiness" journal. Just trying to write every day (okay, so whenever I get around to it--no guilt!). Any way, writing BRIEFLY about something that makes me happy or made me happy that day.

Maybe I'll post those here every now and then too.

5 comments:

Faith G said...

Blogging guilt. I know it well.

Anonymous said...

I had blogging guilt before there was even a blog!

Faith G said...

Hope you're doing okay- we haven't heard from you in awhile. You are in my daily prayers, and I'm not just saying that...

Anonymous said...

you are in my prayers too.
kw

Anonymous said...

Thank you KW!