Friday, April 11, 2008

First Rehab Session

So I had my first physical therapy session. Yep, it was mostly an evaluation, but they also discussed the plans. I did and will be doing lots of stretching exercises because I am not limber AT ALL and because I need to loosen those back muscles. I'll also have some soft tissue massage around the incision to prevent adhesions. I have homework stretching to do at home as well.

Even tho I'm supposed to go three times a week, I'm only going 2 because only on Tuesdays and Thursdays is my preferred therapist available at 4:30. See what a good employee I am being--trying not to miss any additional work. Like it will be appreciated....

And after the stretching (and after I have improved) we'll work on strengthining exercises to build up my abdominal muscles, to offset any weak back muscles, and also see if I can't get my strength back in my weak left leg. And they are taking the MS in consideration as well. But first things first.

Now, Friday evening, it's time for my weekly injection, and tme for me to get into my jammies and get comfy in bed ( I do sometimes react to the Avonex and get a fever). This is certainly a switch from my "before MS fridays"--of Mexican food and margaritas!

No comments: