Sunday, July 20, 2008

Homework

It's been a busy month for me while I'm off work. Busy for me, probably not for you if you were in my shoes! I'm continuing my exercising. Walking every day. Doing stretching exercises every day. Hoping to start swimming this week at the Y.

I've embraced the MS Swank diet, which limits your fats and includes taking doses of "good" oils and fats. Mmmmm, nothing like a spoonful of flax or cod liver oil! I'm still crazy vitamin lady. I also read food labels like crazy and don't eat anything with bad additives (there's my weakened blood-brain-barrier. I can't assume chemicals and additives WON'T get into my brain).

I'm enjoying listening to an MS self-affirmation cd (no comments please). Whatever works.... And I've been reading. A lot. About brains, neurology, vitamins, MS. And every now and then a little fiction.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing; I'm going for A LOT of knowledge!

5 comments:

Faith G said...

Yeah, I'm at that stage where I now have to determine which diet changes to make in life. Nothing too complicated or so gross that it's impossible to maintain (so eating a tablespoon of tumeric and pepper every morning is out). But it's nice to be back (somewhat) in control of my health. Or the illusion of control. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

There are tumeric PILLS!

Anonymous said...

Are you swimming yet? I just started back up last week and it's GREAT!
Yeah, I've recently found out about the turmeric pills. Good idea.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well- oyu are still in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear Faith.