Monday, June 2, 2008

Laughter

I can't underestimate the importance of laughter! There are just some things that amuse me now and I am embracing them. TV shows: "Who's Line is it Anyway?" "Two and a Half Men," "Big Bang Theory," "Kathy Griffith," "Flipping Out," just crack me up. The kids' sense of humor, and Katlyn's "full body" hugs. Matthew thinks its too "Arkansas" to hug me. Which cracks me up too. My funny little Lhaso Apso, Maggie, loves me and is the goofiest little thing. I say all the time that she alone can get me through the depths of my MS. Listening to anything by Harry Nilsson--a blast to the past--brings a smile to my face and a song on my lips as I walk or workout.

And my Dr. wrote me a "prescription" that says "No housework FOREVER!" Which my son framed and put up in the kitchen. Now I doubt it will inspire anyone in this house to do chores in lieu of me, but it makes me laugh out loud everytime I look at it!

That and antidepressants and I have it made.

No comments: